Hello and welcome back!! My last blog here was stress detox. And if you miss me here in the meantime. I have 3 blogs each week on my personal blog. In this blog is about the Christmas blues. And 20 fun ways to get excited for Christmas. Because during Christmas everyone deserves to be happy.
Christmas is a super exciting time and super busy. On the other side, it is a season that totally shakes the normal daily rhythm. And it is also a super stressful time, at least in my opinion. For me personally, I’m glad when its over. This season my stress and anxiety levels are higher than normal. So I know that this crazy time also can trigger a more/intense mental health breakdown and just heightens any mental illness.
So what I like to do is to distract my mind from feeling down. During the Christmas season, there are also many people who feel down and lonely. I love during charity work during this time of a year.
15 Christmas tips
Now the more fun part. 20 things to do during the Christmas season, to add some more fun. Some of those things I have done myself.
- Bake some cookies: Personally I have been baking special gingerbread cookies in christmas inspired chapes (christmas tree, star and more). And I baked more than 50 cookies, more about why that later. *wink*
- spend time outside: Outside of the fact that even a small stroll is good for any mental illness. During this season if you are lucky there might be snow, so make some snowmen, snow angels, sliding down a hill.
- Donate the toys you don’t need/want. There might be someone in need who doesn’t have the luxury to buy/get a present and it is a good excuse to clean the house and give to others.
- volunteer: the cookies I baked was for a charity project. I had some of the cookies decorated by some young kids I know and gave the cookies to those who needed a little positive beam.
- Listen to some Christmas songs and dance the night away,
- Hold a Christmas treasure hunt (for family and friends): Instead of having the presents by a tree or stocking. You could hide it all over the place in the house and maybe have some clues in where to find the presents.
- See a Christmas play.
- Play a board game: You can do this at home. But Christmas is about giving, why not do it with some elderly people. You can do this in an elderly home or just with someone in your own street.
- Thank you: Say thank you more often to those around you. Thank those that are close to you, your friends, family, loved ones.
- Watch an old (home) video: tressure the moments of the past with those close to you.
- Hot cholate milk bar: This is just something fun for friends and family.
- Donate food: Here in the netherlands, we have something called foodbank for those in need. During the Christmas time, it is a good time to donate something extra to those who need it and might not have enough to celebrate Christmas. Here at home, we gave something extra for the food bank, so that they could also celebrate Christmas a little or at least feel the Christmas spirit.
- Hold a Christmas cookie competition: Just something fun to trow. Ask everyone to make some cookies and have everyone vote on their favorite. And the one with the most point wins the one after second place.
- Build a Christmas tree from plastic cups: I saw this idea on the internet to do with kids. And I must say it sounds like a fun idea.
- Hold a wrapping gift party: Just have a good moment with friends/family while packing the Christmas presents. You might even learn some new wrapping stricks.
I think this blog is done XD. I don’t know any more ideas with creative things to do. So what do you think of my tips/ideas? Are you doing something similar?? Personally, I think Christmas is all about charity and giving. So that is what I personally love to do (all year round).
I want to wish you a happy and healthy Christmas and probably talk to you next year. So also a happy new year.