Sorry for being not so available this week. I’ve had finals. Once I am done with this week, I will be writing three new feature articles in my ongoing series Interview Features – The Series
I love these lists because it gives insight to you my fellow bloggers about pieces of my life. You know about many of my issues and how I deal, and you even know my history. But what about me personally?
Well, here are 10 things you should know about The Bipolar Writer.
- I love books – I guess that might not surprise you, but that love started as a young child. I was read to my whole life, and by age three, I could understand on my own reading chapter books. I read at a college level by the fourth grade. I have some favorite series like Harry Potter series, Game of Thrones, and yes even the Twilight series.
- Music is life – I have this sincere appreciation for all things music. I don’t have a specific genre that I listen to because my theory is if it sounds good then I will listen to it.
- I love to read poetry – I am not great at writing it. I am taking a poetry class my last semester, and I hope to write poetry book in the future.
- Edgar Alan Poe is my favorite author – A close second is Earnest Hemingway.
- I have a sincere appreciation for the people in my life that stuck with me through the bad and the good. There is a good chance if you saw me at my worst and still wanted to a part of my life you are family to me.
- I am not a great people person in real life – It is part social anxiety and part introvert that keeps me from being openly communicative in public. I tend to walk with my head down trying to not make eye contact.
- For the first three years of my diagnosis, I didn’t believe that I was Bipolar.
- I love sports but especially baseball. I love that from April to October I get a chance to watch my favorite team the Dodgers play.
- I am an outstanding role-playing video gamer. It’s in my blood. I played my first game, Alex, the Kid on the original Sega, when I was three. Been playing games ever since. I excel at strategic role-playing games.
- I love to write because I can get lost in worlds that create. My characters are always an extension of who I am as a writer.
So there you go. Another ten things list. Check out my other list of ten things in my life.
James Edgar Skye