Happy Thanksgiving my fellow bloggers.
I thought long and hard about writing my thoughts on the things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. It has been a crazy week for me, it always is during Thanksgiving week, but with the passing of my ten-year diagnosis and suicide anniversary, it was extra special kind of crazy. Still, I am thankful for many things and here is just a few.
1. I am alive, and that means the world to me.
2. Thankful for all the positivity that my fellow bloggers have brought to my blog.
3. I am thankful for finding my place in this crazy world and how I am working towards carving my own little niche in life.
4. I am thankful for those people who are in my life today and have always been there as family and friends that I would trust with my life.
5. I am thankful for the strength to write my story down and be honest within the space I am allowed on my blog.
6. I am thankful role-playing video games and music because, without both, my depression would consume me most days.
7. I am thankful for every blogger who has shared a piece of their lives with me on my blog, you mean the world to me.
8. I am thankful that I have the ability to write and change the stigma of mental illness as much as one writer can.
9. I am thankful for starting a new journey, a new ten years where I will conquer everything I can in life.
10. I am thankful that in 2010 someone, God most likely, intervened in my suicide and kept me on this earth. I truly believe I can connect with people through my writing.
11. And lastly, I am thankful for every blogger who spends a moment of their day on my blog. I couldn’t write without you.
What are some of the things that you are thankful for? Please share in the comments below.
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving, from my family to yours. Share smiles with the ones you love. Be happy that we are alive.
And always keep fighting.
James Edgar Skye
Photo Credit: Pro Church Media